ON THIS PAGE
Extreme Networks ExtremeWare
The Extreme Networks ExtremeWare DSM for JSA records all relevant Extreme Networks ExtremeWare and Extremeware XOS device events from using syslog.
To integrate JSA with an ExtremeWare device, you must configure a log source in JSA, then configure your Extreme Networks ExtremeWare and Extremeware XOS devices to forward syslog events. JSA does not automatically discover or create log sources for syslog events from ExtremeWare appliances.
Configuring a Log Source
To integrate with JSA, you must manually create a log source to receive the incoming ExtremeWare events that are forwarded to JSA.
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
- Click Add.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select Extreme Networks ExtremeWare Operating System (OS).
- Using the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
- Configure the following values:
Table 1: Syslog Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for events from your ExtremeWare appliance.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The log source is added to JSA. Events that are forwarded to JSA by Extreme Networks ExtremeWare appliances are displayed on the Log Activity tab.
For information on configuring syslog forwarding for your Extremeware appliances, see your vendor documentation.