Preparing Your Appliance
You must prepare your appliance before you install an JSA Risk Manager appliance.
You must install all necessary hardware and you need an activation key. The activation key is a 24-digit, 4-part, alphanumeric string that you receive from Juniper Networks. You can find the activation key:
Printed on a sticker that is placed on your appliance.
Included with the packing slip, where all appliances are listed along with their associated keys.
To avoid typing errors, the letter I and the number 1 (one) are treated the same, as are the letter O and the number 0 (zero).
For information about your appliance, see the Juniper Secure Analytics Hardware Guide.
- Connect a keyboard and monitor to their respective ports.
- Power on the system and log in. The user name, which is case-sensitive, is root.
- Press Enter.
- Read the information in the window. Press the Space bar to advance each window until you reach the end of the document.
- Type yes to accept the agreement, and then press Enter.
- Type your activation key, and then press Enter.