Configuring Syslog for Your Bridgewater Systems Device
You must configure your Bridgewater Systems appliance to send syslog events to JSA.
- Log in to your Bridgewater Systems device command-line interface (CLI).
- To log operational messages to the RADIUS and Diameter
servers, open the following file:
- To log all operational messages, uncomment the following
- To log error messages only, change the
/WideSpan/logs/oplogline to the following line:
RADIUS and Diameter system messages are stored in the
- Add the following line:
Where <IP address> is the IP address your JSA console.
- The RADIUS and Diameter server system messages are stored
/var/adm/messagesfile. Add the following line for the system messages:
<facility> is the facility that is used for logging to the
<IP address> is the IP address of your JSA console.
- Save and exit the file.
- Send a hang-up signal to the syslog daemon to make sure
that all changes are enforced:
The configuration is complete. The log source is added to JSA as Bridgewater Systems appliance events are automatically discovered. Events that are forwarded to JSA by your Bridgewater Systems appliance are displayed on the Log Activity tab.