Huawei S Series Switch
The Huawei S Series Switch DSM for JSA can accept events from Huawei S Series Switch appliances by using syslog.
JSA records all relevant IPv4 events that are forwarded from Huawei S Series Switches. To integrate your device with JSA, you must configure a log source, then configure your S Series Switch to forward syslog events.
The DSM supports events from the following Huawei S Series Switches:
Configuring a Log Source
JSA does not automatically discover incoming syslog events from Huawei S Series Switches.
If your events are not automatically discovered, you must manually create a log source from the Admin tab in JSA.
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
- Click Add.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select Huawei S Series Switch.
- From the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
- Configure the following values:
Table 1: Syslog Protocol Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address, host name, or name for the log source as an identifier for your Huawei S Series switch.
Each log source that you create for your Huawei S Series switch must include a unique identifier, such as an IP address or host name.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The log source is added to JSA. You are now ready to configure your Huawei S Series Switch to forward events to JSA.
Configuring Your Huawei S Series Switch
To forward syslog events to JSA, you must configure your Huawei S Series Switch as an information center, then configure a log host.
The log host you create for your Huawei S Series Switch can forward events to your JSA console or an Event Collector.
- Log in to your Huawei S Series Switch command-line Interface (CLI).
- Type the following command to access the system view:
- Type the following command to enable the information center:
- Type the following command to send informational level
log messages to the default channel:
info-center source default channel loghost log level informational debug state off trap state off
- Optional: To verify your Huawei S Series Switch source
configuration, type the command:
display channel loghost
- Type the following command to configure the IP address
for JSA as the log host for your switch:
info-center loghost <IP address> facility <local>
<IP address> is the IP address of the JSA console or Event Collector.
<local> is the syslog facility, for example, local0.
info-center loghost 10.10.10.1 facility local0
- Type the following command to exit the configuration:
The configuration is complete. You can verify events that are forwarded to JSA by viewing events on the Log Activity tab.