ON THIS PAGE
You can integrate an HP ProCurve device with JSA to record all relevant HP Procurve events using syslog.
Take the following steps to configure your HP ProCurve device to forward syslog events to JSA.
- Log into the HP ProCurve device.
- Type the following command to make global configuration
If successful, the CLI will change to the following prompt:
- Type the following command:
Where: <syslog-ip-addr> is the IP address of JSA.
- To exit config mode, press CTRL+Z.
- Type the following command: write mem to save the current configuration to the startup configuration for
your HP ProCurve device.
You are now ready to configure the log source in JSA.
Configuring a Log Source
JSA automatically discovers and creates a log source for LEEF formatted syslog events that are forwarded from Active Defense.
These configuration steps are optional:
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- In the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
- Click Add.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for the log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select HP ProCurve.
- From the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
- Configure the following values:
Table 1: HP ProCurve Syslog Protocol Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address or host name for your HP ProCurve device.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The configuration is complete.