Part 2. Installing JSA 7.3.1 Patch 3 ISO on the Console Appliance
These instructions guide administrators through the process of upgrading an existing JSA install at 2014.8.r2 patch or later to JSA software version 7.3.1 Patch 3. The update on the Console must be completed first, before you attempt to update any managed hosts to JSA 7.3.1 Patch 3.
You must complete: Part 1. Staging Files and Pretesting your Deployment (required) before you begin the installation steps listed below.
- Using SSH, log in to the Console as the root user.
- To run the ISO installer on the Console, type the following
Upgrading from JSA 2014.8.r2 patch or later to JSA 7.3.1 Patch 3 should take approximately 2 hours on a Console appliance.
- Wait for the Console primary update to complete.
- For HA appliances. If you have an HA Secondary, you can now update the secondary appliance.
- Open an SSH session to the HA Console secondary.
- Type the following command to update the secondary Console: /media/cdrom/setup
- Wait for the HA Console secondary to complete the update.
A summary of the ISO installation advises you of any issues.