Verifying Connectivity to Event Log Sources
Before you begin, you need the following information:
The hostname or IP address of the Active Directory domain controller or Exchange server that you want to verify connectivity with
The username and password of a user on the server
To verify that the connections to event log sources are working properly:
- From the Windows Start menu, click Windows Administrative Tools and from the list of tools, select Event Viewer.
- On the Event Viewer page, select Action > Connect
to Another Computer.
The Select Computer page appears.
- Make sure the option button for Another Computer is selected and type the hostname or IP address of the Active Directory domain controller or Exchange server that you want to verify connectivity with.
- Select the check box for Connect as another user, and click Set User.
- On the Select a user page, select a username, type a password, and click OK.
- On the Select Computer page, click OK.
- On the Event Viewer page, in the navigation frame, expand
the Windows Logs folder and select Security.
The Event Viewer window now shows the Security pane.
If you see security events, Juniper Identity Management Service is receiving this information as well. If you do not see security events, there is a credentials or connectivity issue.