Installing Juniper Identity Management Service
You install Juniper Identity Management Service on Microsoft Windows platforms by means of an InstallShield installer that requires Administrator privileges to run.
If your network environment is running Contrail Service Orchestration (Release 3.3 or later), the Juniper Identity Management Service is bundled with CSO and can be downloaded directly from the Identity Management page of the Customer Portal of each tenant.
Before you begin, you will need the JIMS server’s HTTPS server port number to be used to communicate with SRX Series devices and CSO.
To install Juniper Identity Management Service:
- Depending on how you intend to install Juniper Identity
If you are installing Juniper Identity Management Service from the Juniper Networks Downloads page, locate the JIMS setup file on its Download Software page and click the file.
If you are installing Juniper Identity Management Service directly from the CSO platform, access the Identity Management page of the Customer Portal on CSO, and then click Download JIMS.
A message appears at the bottom of your screen asking you what to do with the file.
- At the bottom of your screen, click Save to save the file to your Downloads directory.
- At the bottom of your screen, click Run to
run the executable file.
A message appears asking if you want to allow this application from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device.
- Click Yes to allow InstallShield to install
Juniper Identity Management Service on your system.
The Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Juniper Identity Management Service page appears.
If there are installation requirements that have not yet been installed on your system, a message appears alerting you that the installation requires a reboot of your system. Click No to continue with the installation and be sure to reboot your system after the installation has completed.
- Click Next.
The License Agreement page appears.
- Select the option button for I accept the terms in
the license agreement and click Next.
The Customer Information page appears.
- Type a username and a name for your organization and click Next.
The Ports page appears.
- Type the HTTPS server port number on the JIMS server to be used to communicate with the SRX Series devices. The default value is 443.
- Click Next.
The Setup Type page appears for selecting a complete or custom installation.
- Make sure that the option button for the Complete setup is selected and click Next.
The Ready to Install the Program page appears.
- Click Install. Juniper Identity Management
Service gets installed on your Windows system in
\Program Files (x86)\Juniper Networks\Juniper Identity Management Service.
The InstallShield Wizard Completed window appears.
- Select the check box for Launch JIMS Administrator and click Finish.
The Juniper Identity Management Service application page appears. The installation is now complete.
- If a message appeared earlier alerting you that a system reboot is required, reboot your system now.