Configuring Administrative Credentials for Domain PC Probes
When Juniper Identity Management Service initiates a domain PC probe of a device in a customer’s domain, it needs administrative credentials to gain access to the device. You can configure administrative credentials for up to 10 domain PC probes. For a PC probe to a new IP address, Juniper Identity Management Service tries each set of configured credentials in the order in which they appear in the list.
The JIMS server performs a reverse lookup of a domain PC probe to increase performance. When a domain PC probe has administrative credentials in the form username@domain, the JIMS server attempts a reverse lookup by IP address to calculate the Kerberos authenticator name, and will use the same path (for example, \\hostname.domain\ROOT\CIMV2). The JIMS server also uses NTLMLDOMAIN style authority and will not perform a reverse lookup if a domain PC probe has domain\username specified in the credentials.
Before you begin, you need the administrator’s username and password that you configured for the limited permission user account for PC probes.
Administrative credentials for a PC probe are not domain-specific.
To configure administrative credentials for a domain PC probe:
- In the navigation pane, select Data Sources and then select the PC Probe tab.
- Click Add. The PC Probe Configuration page appears.
- Do the following:
- Type a description of the PC probe credentials.
- Type the administrator’s username credential (Login ID) in the format username@fqdn. This is the username credential that you configured for the limited permission user account for PC probes.
- Type the administrator’s password credential for the domain PC probe. This is the password credential that you configured for the limited permission user account for PC probes.
- Click OK.
The username (Login ID) and description of the configured set of credentials appears in the PC Probe list. Each added set of credentials appears after the currently selected item in the list. If no item is selected, the set of credentials appears at the bottom of the list.
- Click Save to save the settings.
- To change the order in which a set of credentials appears in the list, select an entry and click the Up or Down button, and then click the Save button. Click the Cancel button to change back to the previous order before saving.