Configure the Exim4 Agent to Send E-mail
Configure your DNS server to resolve the FQDN of the Exim4 host to the Paragon Insight's virtual IP address (VIP).
To configure the Exim4 Agent to send email, you must first configure
the Paragon Insights primary node as the Exim4 host. To do so, you
must enter the node's FQDN in the healthbot.sys file. The healthbot.sys
file contains a list of all environment variables for the Paragon
Insights microservices. After you modify the healthbot.sys file with
the Exim4 hostname, you must run the
healthbot restart command to restart the alerta microservice with the changes you
Before you begin, configure your DNS server to resolve the FQDN of the Exim4 host to the Ingress Controller's VIP.
Use the following steps to enable the Exim4 agent to send e-mails.
- Log into the Paragon Insights primary node using your server credentials.
- Type the following command to become a root user.
root@primary-node# su -root
- Change to the /var/local/healthbot path.
root@primary-node# cd /var/local/healthbot
- Type the following command to open the healthbot.sys file.
root@primary-node:/var/local/healthbot# vi healthbot.sys
- Scroll down to the api-server section in the healthbot.sys file.
- Type the Paragon Insights primary node FQDN as the value
for the HOST_HOSTNAME variable.
For example, HOST_HOSTNAME = example.domain.top-level-domain.
:wq!to save the changes and exit the file.
- Type the following command to update and restart the alerta
root@primary-node# ./healthbot restart --device-group healthbot -s alerta
Now, you have enabled the Exim4 agent to send e-mails to the e-mail account associated with the primary node.
To send e-mail alert notifications, you must configure your e-mail address in a notification profile and enable that notification profile on device groups. See Alerts and Notifications for more information.
To e-mail reports, you must configure your e-mail address in the report settings. See Generate Reports for more information.