Step 1: Begin
Meet the SRX1500
The Juniper Networks® SRX1500 Services Gateway is a high-performance, next-generation firewall suited for enterprise campuses, regional headquarters, and data center networks. With twelve 1-GbE Ethernet ports, four 1-GbE SFP ports, and four 10-GbE SFP+ ports, the SRX1500 provides high onboard port densities with the flexibility of multiple Ethernet interface speeds.
In this guide, we show you how to install an AC-powered SRX1500 with the power supplies preinstalled. If you need instructions for installing power supplies, see the SRX1500 Services Gateway Hardware Guide.
Install the SRX1500 in a Rack
Before you begin the installation, review General Safety Guidelines and Warnings.
The SRX1500 comes with the power cord appropriate for your geographic location. It also comes with an RJ-45 cable, a DB-9 adapter, a USB cable, and a rack mount kit. The rack mount kit contains:
Eight flat-head M4x6-mm Phillips mounting screws
Two mounting brackets
You’ll also need:
Someone to help you secure the SRX1500 to the rack
Eight rack mount screws
A power cord retainer
A number two Phillips (+) screwdriver
Here’s how to install the SRX1500 in a rack:
- Attach the mounting brackets to the sides of the SRX1500 using the M4x6-mm Phillips flat-head mounting screws.
- Lift the SRX1500 and position it in the rack. Line up the bottom hole in each mounting bracket with a hole in each mounting rail, making sure the SRX1500 is level.
- While you’re holding the SRX1500 in place, have a second person insert and tighten the rack mount screws to secure the mounting brackets to the mounting rails. Make sure they tighten the screws in the two bottom holes first and then tighten the screws in the two top holes next.
- Double-check that the mounting brackets on each side of the rack are lined up with each other.
Now that you’ve installed your SRX1500 in the rack, you’re ready to connect it to power.
- Attach an ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist, and then connect the strap to the ESD point on the SRX1500 front panel.
- Attach a grounding cable to earth ground and then attach it to the SRX1500’s grounding points on the rear panel.
- Plug in the power cord to the power inlet on the rear panel. Use a power cord retainer (not included) to hold the power cord in place.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, turn it off.
- Plug in the power cord to the power outlet.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, turn
The SRX1500 powers up as soon as you connect it to AC power. When the
PWRLED on the front panel is solid green and the
RPSLED glows solid green, the SRX1500 is ready to use.