Step 1: Begin
Meet the NFX250
The Juniper Networks® NFX250 Network Services Platform integrates routing, switching, and security functions on a single platform. With the NFX250, you can provision secure, fast, custom service delivery on demand.
Install the NFX250 in a Rack
You can install the NFX250 on your desktop, on a wall, or in a two-post or four-post rack. The accessory kit that ships in the box has the brackets you need to install the NFX250 in a two-post rack. If you need to install the NFX250 in a four-post rack, order a four-post rack mount kit.
Before you start:
Have someone available to help you install the NFX250.
Make sure you have a Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2, and four rack mount screws (not included) to secure the mounting brackets to the rack.
Check the NFX250 accessory kit for the following:
AC power cord for your geographic location
AC power cord retainer clip
Two rack mount brackets
Eight mounting screws to attach the mounting brackets to the NFX250
RJ-45 cable with a DB-9 to RJ-45 serial port adapter
Four rubber feet (for desktop installation)
Here’s how to install the NFX250 in a two-post rack:
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist and to a site ESD point.
- Secure the mounting brackets to the sides of the NFX250 using eight screws and a Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2. You’ll notice there are three locations on the side panel where you can attach the mounting brackets: front, center, and rear. Attach the mounting brackets to the location that best suits where you want the NFX250 to sit in the rack.
- Lift the NFX250 and position it in the rack. Line up the bottom hole in each mounting bracket with a hole in each rack rail, making sure the NFX250 is level.
- While you’re holding the NFX250 in place, have a second person insert and tighten the rack mount screws to secure the mounting brackets to the rack rails. Make sure they tighten the screws in the two bottom holes first and then tighten the screws in the two top holes next.
- Check that the mounting brackets on each side of the rack are lined up with each other.
- Attach a grounding cable to earth ground and then attach it to the NFX250’s grounding points.
- Turn off the power switch on the NFX250 rear panel.
- Insert the L-shaped ends of the power cord retainer clip into the holes in the bracket on the AC power cord inlet on the rear panel. The power cord retainer clip extends out of the chassis by 3 inches.
- Insert the power cord coupler firmly into the AC power cord inlet on the rear panel.
- Push the power cord into the slot in the adjustment nut of the power cord retainer clip. Turn the nut until it is tight against the base of the coupler and the slot in the nut is turned 90° from the top of the device.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, turn it off.
- Plug in the AC power cord to the power outlet.
- Turn on the power switch on the NFX250 rear panel.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, turn it on.
- Verify that the power LED on the NFX250 front panel is green.