Creating a New Global_Admin Account (CTPView)
A global administrative (Global_Admin) account is required to access the CTPView Admin Center. Do not use the default user account for routine access. Create a separate account for each user that requires administrative access. Beginning with CTPView 2.2R2, the security-enhanced interface allows only one active session per username. When a second user attempts to log in with the same username in an active session, both IP addresses for the clients and the username are locked from access for a preset lockout period.
To create a Global_Admin account:
- Log in to the CTPView GUI with the default username and
For the default username and password, see Default CTPOS and CTPView Accounts and Passwords.
- Click Admin Center.
- Select Users > All Users.
- Type the desired username, group name, and password, and click Add User.
- Select Users > Modify User Properties.
- Select the Global_Admin user level.
- Log out of CTPView and use the new account to log back in.