Upgrading with the PP332 Upgrade Kit
- Power down the system through either the menu or CTPView.
- Remove the power cord.
- Remove the RTM from the chassis and remove the old CompactFlash card from the RTM. See Installing or Removing a CTP2000 Series CompactFlash Card.
- Install the 4-GB compact flash from the upgrade kit in the RTM and reinstall the RTM in the chassis. See Installing or Removing a CTP2000 Series CompactFlash Card.
- Attach a terminal server or similar device to the serial console port, COM2, on the RTM. This device will be used to interact with the script that runs when the upgrade CompactFlash card is booted.
- Remove the CPU card from the chassis, and replace the memory module on the CPU card with that from the upgrade kit. Install the memory module shipped with the kit only after you have finished these tasks. Reinstall the CPU module in the chassis when finished. See Installing or Replacing CTP2000 DRAM Memory Modules in the PP310 or PP332 CPU and Upgrading CTP2000 Series Components for Memory Upgrades.
- Reconnect all Ethernet cables.
- Replace the power cord.
- Power on the system and follow the procedure Using the Upgrade CompactFlash Card to respond to the instructions
that appear on the serial console.
The system may go through multiple reboots during this process. The BIOS, FPGAs, and the firmware on the cards may be updated. If the power is removed during these upgrades, the cards may become unusable. Please ensure that the process continues until completion. Failure to do so may render the system unusable.