Creating a Virtualized Instance of CTPView Server on a Hyper-V Server
To create a virtualized CTPView server in a Hyper-V environment:
- Install Hyper-V server on your system.
- Copy the ISO files you need to the Hyper-V datastore at
the path “C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads”. You can use
any other path also to store the iso file.
- After the server is installed, open Server Manager and
then click on Roles->Hyper-V-> Hyper-V Manager as shown below.
- Click on New->Virtual Machine at the right side of the wizard to create a new VM as shown below.
- Click Next, and then enter the Name of the VM. You can choose any suitable name for your VM and then click Next.
- Enter memory size as “768 MB” and then click Next.
- Configure the network adapter to use the virtual network
as shown below in the figure and then click Next.
- Choose disk size as 40 GB and create a virtual hard disk
as shown in the figure.
- Specify the full path of the required ISO file and then
click Next as shown below in the figure.
- Click Finish.
- At the prompt “boot:” enter your installation choice as ctpview-install (FC4 uses only a single partition and therefore, this option works on a small disk as you have configured).
- Use the CLI menu menu utility to configure basic settings such as the IP address.