Configuring Virtual IP Parameters for CESoPSN Bundles (CTPView)
The virtual IP parameters allow you to use a separate IP address for each bundle and to use an address that is different from the IP address for the CTP device. If you configure the IP address on the:
Same subnet as CTP IP address, you do not need a static route on the router.
Different subnet as CTP IP address, you need a static route on the router.
Before you begin:
Log in to the CTPView software at least at the Net_Admin level.
Create a list of the virtual IP addresses that will be associated with the CTP device. To do so, select Node > Maintenance > Configure CTP Device Virtual IPs, and follow the instructions on the pane. You can create up to 100 virtual IP addresses (IPv4 only).
When you submit your new configuration, the CTP device reboots.
Connect the CTPView server to the CTP device for which you want to configure bundles.
To configure virtual IP parameters for CESoPSN bundles using CTPView:
- In the side pane, select Bundle > Configuration.
- Run your mouse over the Display and Select an Existing Bundle bar.
- In the table of bundles, select the bundle that you want to modify.
- Under Bundle Options, place a check mark in the Advanced Options show check box to display advanced parameters, and configure the parameters described in Table 1.
- Click Click to Submit Bundle AND Port Changes.
Table 1: CESoPSN Bundle Virtual IP Parameter Settings in CTPView
Use Virtual IP
Specifies whether or not the bundle uses an address that is different from the IP address of the CTP device.
The virtual IP address is used in the IP packet’s Origination Address field, and is used for the circuit’s data and OAM flow.
Virtual IP [ IPv4 only ]
Specifies the virtual IP address for circuits created by this bundle.
Enter the virtual IP address.
At the remote end of the bundle, specify this IP address as the Remote Address of the bundle.