Device Templates Workflow
Device templates contain configuration and provisioning settings for the different spoke and hub devices that are supported by CSO. When you add a provider hub device, an enterprise hub site, an on-premises spoke site, and a cloud spoke site, you must choose the device template to use and specify the parameters for the template. CSO then uses these values for configuring and provisioning.
The high-level workflow for device templates is as follows:
- Select Resources > Templates > Device Templates.
The Device Template page appears.
- You can do one of the following:
Use predefined device templates as-is.
Create a customized template by cloning a predefined template and then modifying the cloned template.
Customized device templates created by the SP Administrator are available to the service provider’s tenants, OpCos, and the OpCo’s tenants.
Customized device templates created by the OpCo Administrator are available to the OpCo and the OpCo’s tenants.
Customized device templates created by the Tenant Administrator are available only to the tenant.
- Provide values for the initial configuration parameters for the existing configuration templates that are associated with the device template.
- Add one or more configuration templates to a device template, and provide initial configuration values for the parameters specified in the configuration templates.
- Use the device template when you are adding a site.
For more information, see the About the Device Template Page topics in the CSO Administration Portal User Guide and the CSO Customer Portal User Guide respectively (available on the CSO Documentation page).
Depending on the workflow, see Pre-Deployment Tasks for CSO SD-WAN and Next-Generation Firewall, CSO SD-WAN Deployment Workflow, or CSO Next-Generation Firewall (NFGW) Deployment Workflow for the next task.