Configuration Templates Workflow
In Administration Portal, users with the SP (Service Provider) Administrator role (CSO on-premises only) or OpCo (Operating Company) Administrator role can perform the configuration template workflow tasks indicated in this topic. In Customer Portal, users with the Tenant Administrator role can perform these workflow tasks.
The high-level workflow for configuration templates is as follows:
- You can use a pre-existing template (skip to step 2), or create a new template
using one of the following methods:
Import a configuration template by specifying the template configuration file (Jinja syntax), Yang model file, and the Viewdef file.
Clone an existing configuration template and modify the cloned template.
Add a configuration template by specifying the template configuration and logic.
- (Optional) Although this is an optional step, we recommend that you validate the configuration template by using the preview workflow before attaching the configuration template to a device template or deploying the configuration template directly on a device.
- You can assign a configuration template to a device template from the Configuration Templates or the Device Templates pages. This enables you to deploy additional configuration on the device during zero touch provisioning (ZTP) and after the device is activated.
- You can deploy a configuration template directly on one or more devices that were previously activated, which enables you to deploy templates that were added after a device was activated or to deploy additional configuration to devices. You can deploy configuration templates to devices from the Configuration Templates or Tenant Devices pages
- (Optional) Dissociate or undeploy configuration templates:
You can dissociate a configuration template from a device, which remove the references to the configuration template from the device, but retains the configuration already deployed on the device.
You can undeploy the configuration template, which deletes the configuration previously deployed on the device, but retains the references to the configuration template.
For more information, see About the Configuration Templates Page topics in the CSO Administration Portal User Guide and the CSO Customer Portal User Guide respectively (available on the CSO Documentation page).
Depending on the workflow, see Pre-Deployment Tasks for CSO SD-WAN and Next-Generation Firewall, CSO SD-WAN Deployment Workflow, or CSO Next-Generation Firewall (NFGW) Deployment Workflow for the next task.