Selecting NAT Source
The following procedures provides various methods using which you can choose an endpoint as a NAT source:
Adding an Endpoint as NAT Source
View and select the source endpoint from the complete list of addresses, protocols, interfaces, zones, routing instances, or ports.
- Click the Source field. A list of relevant endpoints are displayed.
- Click the View more results link provided at the bottom of the source endpoints. The complete list of addresses, protocols, interfaces, and ports is displayed in the End Points panel on the right.
- (Optional) Click the edit icon to edit the address, protocol, interface, zones, routing instances, or port endpoint.
- Click check mark icon (√) to select the endpoint as a source.
Selecting Interfaces when GWR Resides Inside an NFX Box
The physical interfaces of an NFX box are mapped to the virtual interfaces of the Gateway Router (GWR) (vSRX) as given in Table 1. These are the default mappings provided by CSO. You may change these interface mappings based on your requirements.
Table 1: NFX and GWR Interface Mapping
NFX Physical Interface
GWR Virtual Interface
WAN 0 (ge-0/0/10)
WAN 1 (ge-0/0/11)
WAN 2 (xe-0/0/12)
WAN 3 (xe-0/0/13)
When you create a new NAT rule and an NFX physical interface is intended as the source endpoint, select the respective mapped GWR interface.
Selecting NAT Source Using Abbreviations
Enter an abbreviation in the Source field to select the source endpoint from a filtered list of source endpoints.
To view a filtered list of addresses, enter ADDR or addr.
To view a filtered list of protocols, enter PROT or prot.
To view a filtered list of interfaces, enter INTR or intr.
To view a filtered list of zones, enter ZONE or zone.
To view a filtered list of routing instances, enter ROUT or rout.
Click the endpoints in the filtered list to select them.
You can add a port number as a source endpoint. To do so:
- Type PORT or port in the Source field.
- Press Tab.
- Enter the port number and press Enter.
You can also enter a range of ports by using the separator -. For example, you can enter 10-20.
The entered port value is selected as a source endpoint.
You can also select the endpoint from the complete list of addresses, protocols, interfaces, zones, and routing instances. See Adding an Endpoint as NAT Source.
Selecting a NAT Source from the End Points Panel
You can select a NAT source endpoint from the End Points panel. Alternately, you can create a new NAT source endpoint from the End Points panel, see Creating and Selecting a NAT Source from the End Points Panel.
To select an NAT source endpoint from the End Points panel:
- Click the Source field.
- Click the lesser-than icon (<) on the right.
The End Points panel appears, displaying the list of available addresses, interfaces, protocols, zones, and routing instances.
- (Optional) To view more information about a source endpoint,
click the details icon on the right of the endpoint. To edit the source
endpoint, click the edit icon (pencil symbol) on the right of the
You can only edit or view details of a source endpoint if these options appear on right side of the endpoint when you hover over it. Not all endpoints provide these options.
- Click the check mark icon (√) to add the endpoint as a source.
Creating and Selecting a NAT Source from the End Points Panel
To create a new source endpoint from the End Points panel:
- Click the add icon (+) on the top right of
the panel and select the type of endpoint you want to create, among
the options provided.
Based on the option you select, the respective page appears. Fill in the required details to create a new endpoint.
To create a new address, see Creating Addresses or Address Groups.
To create a new service, see Creating Services and Service Groups.
To create a new NAT pool, see Creating NAT Pools.
After the endpoint is created, it appears in the Endpoints panel.
- Click the check mark icon (√) to add the new endpoint as a source.
Creating Addresses from Source Field
You can use one of the following ways to create a new address from the Source field and use the newly created address as a source endpoint:
Type the address directly in the Source field. If the address is valid, it is created immediately and added as a source endpoint.
Create an address from the Source field, using the following steps:
- In the Source field, type addr. The Add new address link appears at the bottom of the list of addresses.
- Click Add new address to create a new address.
The Create Addresses page appears.
- Configure the new address. See Creating Addresses or Address Groups.
- Click Save to save the new address.
The new address is created, and will be listed as an option for the source. Select the new address to add it to the source.