Configuring CSO and JIMS Connection
Before you begin to configure the connection between CSO and JIMS, ensure that you have downloaded and installed JIMS. See System Requirements for Installing Juniper Identity Management Service and Installing Juniper Identity Management Service.
To configure a connection between CSO and JIMS:
- Select Administration > Identity Management.
The Identity Management page appears.
- Click JIMS-to-CSO Configuration or the greater-than
(>) symbol beside it.
The JIMS-to-CSO Configuration panel expands. The panel displays a system-generated user name which cannot be changed, the last updated time of the user identity information from Active Directory and the connection status of the JIMS server(s).
If you have already configured a JIMS user account in CSO, the details of this connection is displayed in the JIMS-to-CSO Configuration panel.
- The Username is auto-generated for each tenant.
You will not be able to change it. Enter a password of your choice
for your JIMS-to-CSO connection in the Password field.
The password must contain a number, an upper-case letter, and a special character.
The password you entered will appear encrypted. If you want to see the password that you entered as plain text, select Show Password.
- Click Save to save your changes. The JIMS user
credentials are saved.
If you do not want to save your changes, click Cancel.
- CSO and JIMS need to be connected in order for JIMS to push data to CSO. To set up this connection, you must configure the CSO client on JIMS, using the username and password that you created in the JIMS-to-CSO Configuration panel. For more information on configuring the CSO client on JIMS, see Configuring the Connection to a CSO Client.
- Configure an Active Directory (AD) as a data source in JIMS, see Configuring the Connection to an Active Directory.
After your JIMS user credentials are saved, the password field changes to the Change Password link.
If you want to change your password, click Change Password.
The Change Password page appears.
Enter your new password in the New Password field and re-enter the same password in the Confirm Password field.
Click OK to save the new password. The updated password is saved.
If you do not want to save your new password, click Cancel instead.