Preview and Render Configuration Templates
In Administration Portal, users with the SP (Service Provider) Administrator role (on-premises installation only) or OpCo (Operating Company) Administrator role can use the Preview workflow to validate a configuration template by entering values for the configuration template and then render the template to view the configuration.
Although this is not mandatory, we recommend that you use this workflow to validate a configuration template before attaching it to a device template or deploying it on a device.
In CSO releases before Release 5.1.0, configuration templates are called stage-2 configuration templates.
To preview and render a configuration template:
- Select Resources > Templates > Configuration Templates.
The Configuration Templates page appears.
- Select the configuration template that you want to check
and click Render Configuration.
If you select a configuration template that was added in CSO Release 5.3.0, the Preview Configuration page appears displaying the parameters configured for the template. Proceed to Step 3.
If you select a configuration template that was added in a release before CSO Release 5.3.0, an alert message appears asking you to confirm whether you want to edit the template to automatically upgrade the template to the current CSO release version. You must go through the Edit workflow to upgrade the version.
- On the Edit Configuration Template page that appears,
proceed to the Summary tab and click OK.
The template is automatically upgraded to CSO Release 5.3.0 and the Configuration Templates page appears.
- Select the template again and click Render Configuration.
The Preview Configuration page appears displaying the parameters configured for the template.
- On the Edit Configuration Template page that appears, proceed to the Summary tab and click OK.
- Specify values for the parameters
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- After you have entered the necessary parameters, click Render.
The Rendered Config page appears displaying the configuration rendered based on the configuration template and the values that you specified.
- Check if the configuration was rendered correctly.
If the configuration was not rendered correctly, you can modify the configuration template as needed. See Edit, Clone, and Delete Configuration Templates.
- Click OK.
You are returned to the Preview Configuration Template page.
- Click Cancel to exit the Preview Configuration
You are returned to the Configuration Templates page. You can assign the configuration template to one or more device templates.