Creating a LAN Segment for Discovering Mist Access Points
Figure 1 depicts the LAN segment connecting the SD-WAN CPE or firewall and the EX port connecting the Mist access points.
To create a LAN segment for discovering Mist access points:
- On the Sites page (Resources > Site Management), click the CPE or next-generation firewall site.
The Site-Name page appears.
- Click the LAN tab and configure the following
parameters for the LAN segment:
Enable the DHCP server
- Click Save.
The LAN segment is created on the CPE or next-generation firewall.
- Click the Devices tab on the Site management
The devices present in the site are listed.
- Click on the switch for which you want to discover the
connected access points.
The device-name page appears.
- Click the Ports tab.
The ports on the switch are displayed.
- Click the port that is connected to the access point and
select More > Edit Configuration.
The Edit port Configuration page appears.
- Do the following:
For Configuration options, select Manual.
For Port type, select Access.
For VLAN, Select the LAN segment created in step 3 and move it to the Selected column.
- Click Next and click Deploy Now.
A job is created to deploy the configuration.
After the configuration is deployed, you can enable the option to integrate CSO with Mist Portal; see Integrate CSO with Mist Portal .