Configure an EX Series Switch Manually
To manually configure an EX Series switch:
- In Customer Portal, select Resources > Devices.
The Devices page appears.
- Click the switch for which you want to configure or edit
The Switch-Name page appears.
- On the Ports tab, select the port that you want to configure
and click More > Edit Configuration.
The Edit Port Configuration page appears.
- Edit the port parameters. Refer to the instructions in the Add Port Profiles topic for configuring the port parameters. topic for completing the port configuration.
- Click Next.
Deployment options appear.
- (Optional) Select the Do not deploy option if you want to only save the edited configuration in CSO, but not push and commit the configuration to the switch.
- For the Type field, do one of the following:
Click Run now to save the edited configuration in CSO and commit the edited configuration on the switch.
Click Schedule at a later time to schedule a time to commit the edited configuration on the switch.
If you select the Schedule at later time option, enter the date and time when you want to deploy, in the fields that appear when you select the option.
- Click Next.
A summary of all the port profile parameter appears.
- (Optional) Click Edit to revisit the settings and make further changes.
- Click OK.
If you select the Run now option, a job is created to deploy the profile at once; otherwise, the job to deploy is created on the date and at the time that you scheduled.
During the deployment, the deployment status of the port is set to Pending Deployment..
After you deploy the configuration template on the switch, enable the ports of the switch; see Enable Ports.