Overview of the License Pages
CSO licenses come in two types: CSO software licenses and CPE platform licenses for hardware and Junos. CSO allows you to manage both the CSO licenses and any devices licenses that you use on your CPE devices. The following sections describe each of the license management pages.
For cloud-based CSO, Juniper Networks adds the licenses you have purchased on your behalf. For on-premises CSO, the SP Administrator adds the licenses.
You can use the SRX Series Services Gateways and vSRX Virtual Firewalls as on-premises spoke devices, provider hubs, or enterprise hubs in an SD–WAN solution. These devices require licensing in order to perform the functions needed for those solutions. Contrail Solutions Orchestration (CSO) provides a GUI-based method for loading licenses into CSO and installing them on the devices. The device licensing page is available in the Administration Portal or the Customer Portal by navigating to Administration > Licenses > Device Licenses. Licenses must first be purchased through your Juniper Networks account team or reseller. Once purchased, the text of the license is emailed to you.
The license page can be used to push licenses to the following devices.
vSRX, SRX Series, or NFX Series devices in an SD–WAN solution
SRX Series or EX Series CPE devices in an SD–LAN (managed branch) solution.
To upload a license to CSO for later push to an SRX, NFX, or EX device:
- Login to CSO as an authorized user
License management is available to tenant administrators. Operators can view, but cannot upload licenses to CSO or push them to devices.
- Navigate to the Administration > Licenses > Device
Here you can see a list of license files that have been uploaded to CSO. The list is empty if there have been no licenses uploaded.
- Click the Add icon (+) at the top-right part
of the list.
The Add License page appears.
- Click the Browse button to locate the license
file that was e-mailed to you.
Each file uploaded should be for one feature only. License files are generally named as the device serial number for which they are intended and have a
- (Optional) Enter a description of the license file.
If uploading multiple licenses for a single device, a description can help you know which is which in the license list.
- Click OK once you have filled in the required
The license file will appear in the list along with the upload date, and your login under the Uploaded By column.
To install, or push, an uploaded license onto a device:
- Click on the line or in the checkbox next to the appropriate license file.
- Click the Push License pull-down menu and select Push. A pop-up window will appear.
If you are logged in as a tenant administrator, you will see a list of sites and their assigned devices for your tenant.
- Select the appropriate device, and click Push Licenses.
Multiple licenses can be pushed to a single device.
The SP Administrator adds CSO licenses to the application. You can assign the added licenses to your tenants. The following procedure describes this process.
- Click Administration > Licenses > CSO Licenses
The CSO Licenses Page is displayed. All assigned licenses and the license counts appear in the list
- Click the checkbox next to the license you want to assign.
- Click the Update Assignment button.
The Assign CSO License window appears and shows the quantity for this license and the number available for assignment to tenants
- From the Tenants section, click the Add icon
(+) button to add a new assignment.
A new row on the list will appear.
- From the Tenant pull-down menu, select the tenant.
- Enter the number of licenses to assign to this tenant in the Quantity field. Alternatively, you can click the up and down arrows on the right of the field until the appropriate number appears in the field.
- Click OK.
The window will close and the CSO Licenses page will update immediately.
For more information about CSO licenses, see About the Device License Files Page.