Hybrid WAN Deployment
Modify Device Templates
From this point on in this deployment example, we assume that you are logged in to CSO as an OpCo administrator. The user name part of your credentials is an e-mail address that was used when your CSO account was set up. When an account is initially setup, CSO sends an e-mail to that address with a link that includes a one-time activation code. Clicking the link takes you to the CSO login page which then prompts you to set a password.
In this section, we modify an existing device template so that it works for this example.
- Enter the login credentials for the Administration Portal.
- Navigate to Resources > Device Templates.
- Find the device template named NFX250 as Managed Internet CPE.
- Select the check-box next to the template and then select Template Settings from the Edit Device Template pull-down
A new window titled Template Settings appears.
- In the Template Settings window, ensure that the following
things are set:
By requiring an activation code, a CPE device will not be allowed to communicate with CSO until the tenant has activated a site using the activation code. The value of the activation code will be set later in the process.
Stage 2 configurations are configurations that can be added to a device after the initial, stage 1, provisioning of the device. This setting prevents the automatic deployment of a stage 2 configuration.
This setting ensures that the jmgmt0 interface is not enabled on the NFX device. Since this is a managed Internet service and the NFX device will be sitting on the customer’s premise, this might be a useful setting to prevent unwanted login by the tenant.
Do not change any other settings.
- Select Save when finished.
Add and Configure a New Tenant
In this section, we use the Administrator Portal to add a tenant to CSO.
To add a tenant:
- Select Tenants from the left-navigation panel.
- Click theAdd Tenant button.
If there are no tenants created yet, Add Tenant appears as a button. If there are tenants, click the Add icon (+)to create a new tenant.
- In the Add Tenant window:
Enter a name for your tenant such as Tenant1.
Fill in the Admin User information.
Select the check-boxes next to bothRoles in the Available section and click the arrow link to move them to the Selected section.
The password expiration defaults to 180 days.
You can set any value from 1 to 365 days.
In the Deployment Info window, select the Hybrid WAN icon.
The window advances to the Tenant Properties section. For this example, browse the Tenant properties but do not make any changes.
The window advances to the Summary section. Review the summary.
A pop-up message appears that tells you that the Add Tenant job was started. After some time, your new tenant appears in the list of tenants.
Add and Configure a Site for the Tenant
In this section, we move to the Customer Portal for the newly configured tenant in order to create a site.
This procedure begins in the Tenants window of the Administration Portal, at the list of tenants.
- Click on the name of the tenant that you just created.
This will take you to the Customer Portal for that tenant. The Dashboard appears.
- Select Resources > Site Management link from the left-navigation bar.
- The Sites window appears. Click the Add
On-Premise Spoke (Manual).
A new window titled Add On-Premise Spoke Site for Tenant appears.
- Fill out the information in the Site Information section.
Enter a site name that makes sense, like: site1.
If you fill in the address information, CSO will use it to display the site on maps on some of the monitoring pages.
- Click Next.
The WAN section appears.
- Under Device Template, select the NFX250 from the Device Series pull-down menu.
This displays the device templates for NFX250 Series devices.
- Select NFX250 as Managed Internet CPE.
- Fill out the information In the Device Information section.
- Disable Auto Activate.
This enables the Activation Code field.
If you leave Auto Activate enabled, CSO will attempt to connect with the device as soon as the site configuration is complete.
- Enter an activation code for the NFX250.
This code must be entered when the device is powered on for the first time in its final location.
You cannot modify any settings for the WAN_0 interface because there are strict requirements for this device template that the WAN_0 must be an Internet-facing interface.
- Click Next when finished.
The window advances to the Summary section.
- Review the Summary section.
- Click OK when you’re finished reviewing
You’ll see pop-up messages appear for site–creation job start and site–creation job finished.
In the event of an error or delay, you can open a read–only SSH session to the device from CSO. This allows you to troubleshoot connection issues or other problems.