Adding and Configuring Sites by Importing a JSON File
Before you begin, ensure that the JSON file contains all the parameters required for each site that you want to add or configure.
We recommend that you create the JSON file by referring to the sample JSON file provided by CSO. Refer to Step 3 of the procedure for for downloading and modifying the sample JSON file.
To add and configure multiple sites by uploading a JSON file:
- Click Resources > Site Managemnet.
The Sites page appears.
- Click Add and select Import Sites.
The Import Sites page appears.
- (Optional) Download a sample JSON file by clicking the Download Sample JSON link. Edit the parameters based on your requirements and save the file.
- Click Browse and navigate to the directory that contains the JSON file.
- Select the file and click Open.
- Click Import.
A message is displayed indicating that the file is imported to CSO. After the file is imported to CSO successfully, you are returned to the Sites page, where you can view the newly added sites:
If you enabled automatic activation for the sites, CSO activates and provisions the sites and sets the status of the sites to PROVISIONED.
If you did not enable automatic activation, CSO sets the status of the sites to CONFIGURED. You must manually activate the sites after which CSO provisions the sites. See Activating a CPE Device or Activating Dual CPE Devices (Device Redundancy).
After the sites are activated and provisioned, you can install certificates and create policies for the sites. See the Managing Policies, Profiles, and Proxies section in this guide for details.