Create Network IPAM
A network IP Address Management (IPAM) enables you to manage DNS and DHCP services that assign IP addresses to hosts on a network.
Follow these steps to create a network IPAM by using the Contrail Command UI.
- Navigate to Overlay>Network IPAM click Create.
The Create IP Address Management page is displayed.
- Enter a name for the network IPAM in the Name field.
- Select a subnet method to indicate how you choose a subnet.
Select User Defined option button when you want to define a subnet range. Select Flat option button when the subnet is shared by multiple virtual networks.
- Follow these steps if you select Flat as the
The Subnet(s) section is displayed when you select Flat as the subnet method.
- Enter valid IPv4 subnet or mask in the CIDR field
- Enter the gateway IP address in the Gateway.
The Gateway field is disabled by default. Clear the Auto Gateway check box to enable this field.
- Auto Gateway is selected by default.
Clear this check box to manually enter gateway IP address in the Gateway field.
- DHCP check box is selected by default.
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) dynamically assigns IP addresses to hosts on a network.
Click +Add in the Allocation Pool(s) section and add the following information.
An allocation pool is the subnet pool from the defined CIDR, from which Contrail Networking allocates IP addresses.
Start (Allocation Pool)—Enter the starting IP address in the range of IP addresses that can be allocated.
End (Allocation Pool)—Enter the ending IP address in the range of IP addresses that can be allocated.
vRouter Specific Pool—This check box is selected by default. This is the pool from which vRouter allocates IP addresses to workloads.
- Select a method to associate an IPAM to a DNS Server from
the DNS Method list.
Select Default when the DNS resolution for virtual machines are performed based on the name server configuration.
Select Tenant to use tenant DNS servers.
If you select Tenant radio option, the Tenant DNS Server IPs section is enabled. Enter DNS server IP information in DNS Server IP field. You can add more IP addresses by clicking +Add.
Select Virtual DNS to use virtual DNS servers to resolve DNS requests from virtual machines.
If you select Virtual DNS radio option, select virtual DNS information from the Virtual DNS field that is enabled.
Select None for no DNS support.
- Enter IPv4 address of NTP server in the NTP Server IP field.
- Enter a domain name for the NTP server in the Domain
The Domain Name field is enabled only when you have selected Default, Tenant, or None as the DNS method.
- Click Create to create the IPAM.
The IP Address Management page is displayed.