Creating Projects in OpenStack for Configuring Tenants in Contrail
In Contrail, a tenant configuration is called a project. A project is created for each set of virtual machines (VMs) and virtual networks (VNs) that are configured as a discrete entity for the tenant.
Projects are created, managed, and edited at the OpenStack Projects page.
- Click the Admin tab on the OpenStack dashboard, then click the Projects link to access the Projects page; see Figure 1.
- In the upper right, click the Create Project button to access the Add Project window; see Figure 2.
- In the Add Project window, on the Project Info tab, enter a Name and a Description for the new project, and select the Enabled check box to activate this project.
- In the Add Project window, select the Project Members tab, and assign users to this project. Designate
each user as admin or as Member.
As a general rule, one person should be a super user in the admin role for all projects and a user with a Member role should be used for general configuration purposes.
- Click Finish to create the project.
Refer to OpenStack documentation for more information about creating and managing projects.