Configuring the Control Node from Contrail Web UI
To configure BGP peering in the control node:
- From the Contrail Controller module control node (http://nn.nn.nn.nn:8143), select Configure > Infrastructure > BGP Routers; see Figure 1.
A summary screen of the control nodes and BGP routers is displayed; see Figure 2.
- (Optional) The global AS number is 64512 by default. To change the AS number, on the BGP Router summary screen click the gear wheel and select Edit. In the Edit BGP Router window enter the new number.
- To create control nodes and BGP routers, on the BGP Routers summary screen, click the icon. The Create BGP Router window is displayed; see Figure 3.
- In the Create BGP Router window, click BGP Router to add a new BGP router or click Control Node to add control nodes.
For each node you want to add, populate the fields with values for your system. See Table 1.
Table 1: Create BGP Router Fields
Enter a name for the node being added.
Required for external peers. Populate with a text identifier, for example, “MX-0”. (BGP peer only)
The IP address of the node.
Enter the router ID.
Enter the AS number in the range 1-65535 for the node. (BGP peer only)
Enter the address family, for example, inet-vpn
BGP session hold time. The default is 90 seconds; change if needed.
The default is 179; change if needed.
Enable MD5 authentication if desired.
Enter the Authentication Key value.
The type of the physical router.
Displays peers currently available.
Displays peers currently configured.
- Click Save to add each node that you create.
- To configure an existing node as a peer, select it from
the list in the Available Peers box, then click >> to move it into the Configured Peers box.
Click << to remove a node from the Configured Peers box.
- You can check for peers by selecting Monitor > Infrastructure
> Control Nodes; see Figure 4.
In the Control Nodes window, click any hostname in the memory map to view its details; see Figure 5.
- Click the Peers tab to view the peers of a control node; see Figure 6.