Adding Distributed Port Groups
You can add Distributed Port Groups (DPG) by using the VMware vSphere Web Client.
You add a DPG after you complete fabric discovery and ESXi discovery. For more information, see Fabric Discovery and ESXi Discovery by Using Contrail Command.
Ensure that Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) is enabled on leaf switches, spine switches, and ESXi hypervisors.
Follow these steps to enable LLDP by using the VMware vSphere Web Client.
- Navigate to DSwitch.
- Click Actions.
- Select Settings > Edit Settings.
The Edit Settings page is displayed.
- Click Advanced.
- From the Discovery Protocol section, select Link Layer Discovery Protocol from the Type list.
- Select an operational mode from the Operation list.
- Click OK to confirm.
Ensure that the maximum transmission unit (MTU) configured on the leaf switches matches the MTU of the ESXi switches.
Follow these steps to add a DPG.
- Select DSwitch>Configure.
- Enter a name for the DPG in the Name field. Select location from the Location list.
- Click Next.
The Configure Settings page is displayed.
- Select Static Binding from the Port Binding list.
- Select Elastic from the Port allocation list.
- Enter number of ports in the Number of ports field.
- Select (default) from the Network resource pool list.
- Select VLAN as the VLAN type.
- Enter VLAN ID in the VLAN ID field.
- Click Next.
After you add a DPG, assign the DPG to the virtual machines. The configuration then gets pushed to the leaf switches that were discovered in the fabric discovery process.