Configuring the Control Node with BGP from Contrail Command
To configure BGP peering in the control node:
- From Contrail Command UI select Infrastructure >
Cluster > Advanced page.
Click the BGP Routers tab. A list of control nodes and BGP routers is displayed. See Figure 1.
- (Optional) The global AS number is 64512 by default. You can change the AS number according to your requirement on the BGP Router tab, by clicking the Edit icon. In the Edit BGP Router tab enter AS number in the range of 1-65,535. You can also enter the AS number in the range of 1-4,294,967,295, when 4 Byte ASN is enabled in Global Config.
- Click the Create button on the BGP Routers tab. The Create BGP Router window is displayed. See Figure 2.
- In the Create BGP Router page, populate the
fields with values to create your system. See Table 1.
Table 1: Create BGP Router
Select the type of router you want create
Enter a name for the node being added.
Required for external peers. Populate with a text identifier, for example, “MX-0”. (BGP peer only)
The IP address of the node.
Enter the router ID.
Autonomous System (AS)
Enter autonomous system (AS) number in the range of 1-65,535.
If you enable 4 Byte ASN in Global Config, you can enter 4-byte AS number in the range of 1-4,294,967,295.
BGP Router ASN
Enter the Local-AS number, specific to the associated peers.
Select the Internet Address Family from the list, for example, inet-vpn, inet6-vpn, and so on.
Enter the cluster ID, for example, 0.0.0.100.
Select the configured peers from the list.
Enter the maximum time a BGP session remains active if no Keepalives are received.
Enter the number of times the same ASN can be seen in a route-update. The route is discarded when the loop count is exceeded.
MD5 Auth Key
Enter the MD5 authentication key value.
Select the state box when you are associating BGP peers.
Select the passive box to disable the BGP router from advertising any routes. The BGP router can only receive updates from other peers in this state.
Enter BGP Port number. The default is 179; change if needed.
Enter source port number for client side connection.
Hold Time (seconds)
BGP session hold time. The default is 90 seconds; change if needed.
Select the Admin state box to enable the state as UP and deselect the box to disable the state to DOWN.
Select MD5 from list if required.
Enter the Authentication Key value.
Control Node Zone
Select the required control node zone from the list.
Select the the physical router from the list.
- Click Create to complete add each node.
- You can check for peers and details about the control nodes by selecting Infrastructure > Cluster > Control Nodes. Click the desired node to check the details on Summary and Detailed Stats page.