Adding a Leaf or Spine Device to an Existing Fabric Using ZTP
Starting with Contrail Networking release 1911, you can expand an existing greenfield fabric deployment by adding new leaf or spine devices. The feature is especially useful when you do not add all the required devices to the fabric on Day One and want to add devices to the fabric at a later point. You can add new devices to a fabric by uploading a YAML file that contains the device information.
To add a device to a fabric:
- Log into Contrail Command and navigate to Infrastructure > Fabrics > Fabric Name.
- Click Actions > ZTP Wizard.
The Create Fabric page is displayed.
- Click the browse link in the Device Info field and upload the YAML file that contains information about the
device, such as the serial number of the device, that you want to
add to the fabric.
Alternatively, you can drag and drop the .YAML or .yml in the Device Info field. You can add multiple new devices at a time. To add multiple devices, specify the serial numbers of the devices in the YAML file as shown below.
Sample YAML File
device_to_ztp: - serial_number: '74035760356' - serial_number: '55674325815' - serial_number: '11675330144' - serial_number: '74656088411'
You can see that the fields Name, ASN Range, Fabric Subnet, Loopback Subnets, and PNF Servicechain Subnets are disabled.
- Enter the root user password and click Next to proceed with device discovery.
- Click Autoconfigure.
- Navigate to Infrastructure > Fabrics > Fabric Name > Fabric Devices page and verify that the new devices are listed.
- Click Action > Reconfigure Roles to assign role to the new device.
To add devices successfully using this method, you must ensure that ASN numbers, Fabric Subnet IPs, and Loopback Subnet IPs are available for the number of devices to be added.