Adding Bare Metal Server to Inventory
The administrative user must follow these steps to add a bare metal server to Inventory from the Contrail Command user interface (UI):
- Click Infrastructure> Servers.
A list of servers is displayed.
- Click Create to create a server.
The Create Server page is displayed.
- Select Detailed button from the Choose Mode options.
- Select Baremetal button from the Select workload type this server will be used for options.
- Enter a name for the host in the Hostname field.
- Enter appropriate credentials for host in the Credentials field.
- Select required kernel from the Deploy Kernel list.
- Select required ram size from Deploy Ramdisk list.
- Add the following values in the Network Interfaces fields:
Assign a name to the Port.
Enter the MAC address of the Port.
Device/ TOR- Interface
Select the Leaf/ TOR- Interface to which the Port is connected.
Select this checkbox to enable PXE booting for only one Port.
- Add the following values in the Port Groups field:
Assign a name to the Port Group.
Add the ports that form the Port Group.
- Add the following values in the IPMI Info fields:
Enter valid IPMI Driver name. The driver value for Openstack SKU: queens and ocata ispxe_ipmitool. The driver value for Openstack SKU: rocky is ipmi . For more information, you can refer to Openstack document: Enabling drivers and hardware types.
Enter the IPMI Address of the BMS Server.
Enter port number on which IPMI is deployed. The default value is 623 , as shown in the Contrail Command UI. You can update this to different IPMI port, according to your requirement.
Enter IPMI Username.
Enter IPMI Password.
- Add the following values in the Baremetal Properties field based on the capacity of the server:
Enter RAM size of BMS Server in megabytes (Mb).
Enter CPU count of BMS Server.
Enter CPU Architecture of BMS Server. The default value is x86_64.
Enter Disk Size of BMS Server in gigabytes (Gb).
This is the sets the capability of BMS Server. The default value is “boot_option:local”.
- Click Create. The Servers page is displayed with the list of servers created by the administrative user.