Visualizing a Pseudowire Service
Use some or all of the techniques in this procedure to visualize a pseudowire service.
- In the Network tree, select the desired pseudowire service.
The selected pseudowire service topology view opens in the main map window.
If this is your first time visualizing this service, you will see the administratively-defined default layout if it exists. If a default layout does not exist for this service, then you will see the layout that PSM automatically generates. See 8.
If this is your second or subsequent time visualizing this service, you will see the layout that existed when you last exited this service view.
- To see details on a network element, link, or port, hover over the network element, link, or port.
- To see the equipment on a network element, double-click
The equipment and connections are shown in a zoomed-in view.
- To change the size of the service view:
Right-click the background and select Zoom In to increase the view size
Right-click the background and select Zoom Out to decrease the view size
Right-click the background and select Reset Zoom to return the view size to its original size
- Right-click a network element and select Network
Element to see the regular NE menu options.
- To move elements in this view, drag elements to the desired location.
- To move all of the ports and switches in the service, choose Select All and drag the service within the window.
can save the current layout as the default, or revert to the default,
or revert to the layout that PSM automatically generates.
To save the current layout as the default layout for this service, right-click the background and select Save Layout as Default.
You must have administrator privileges to execute this command.
Once the current layout is saved as the default, subsequent users who visualize this service will be able to see the current layout.
To reset the current layout to the default, right-click the background and select Reset Layout to Default.
To reset the current layout to the layout that PSM automatically generates, right-click the background and select Reset Layout.
- To save the service screen view as an image:
Select Save Service Image.
The Save Service Image dialog appears.
Navigate to the desired folder and enter the filename.
The default file format is png. To save the file in jpg format, enter .jpg at the end of the filename.
- To select all NEs in the service, click Select Network
This brings you back to the main Topology Map view and shows all NEs in the service selected.