Generating NE Logs Reports
The proNX Service Manager allows the user to generate NE logs reports in spreadsheet format, and save them to their local drive.
PSM supports NE log report generation for the following:
BTI7800 Series network elements
BTI7000 Series network elements
MX Series and PTX Series routers
QFX Series switches
- From the main menu, choose Tools>Reports>NE Logs.
The Network Elements Logs Report window is displayed.
- Using the options in the Network Elements Logs Report window, specify the attributes of the report. The bottom of the GUI shows "Requesting Report:" followed by the selected report type.
- Click Run.
- Wait while the report generates. The bottom of the GUI
shows "Requesting Report:" followed by the selected report type.
If the report fails to generate, see if Changing the Report Generation Timeout applies to your situation.
- When the report has been generated, the tool automatically
launches your web browser and points it to the location of the report
(report URL) on the PSM Server. Log in using your PSM Client
user name and password.
The report is stored indefinitely on the server at the location specified by the report URL, and is accessible from any browser. To prevent unauthorized access to this possibly sensitive data, the report location is password protected. If you have generated reports previously, your web browser might have cached your user name and password, and might log in automatically for you.
Your browser might require you to explicitly verify and accept the server certificate before you can have access to the report. This is normal because communication between the browser and the server is through HTTPS.
- A file download dialog box opens asking "Do you want to open or save this file?". Click Save as.
- Choose where to save the report on your local drive, then
click Save to download the file.
The following image is an example of an NE Logs report file.