The days of monolithic enterprise data centers are done. They've been replaced by a data center landscape that is largely virtualized and spread across multiple, geographically distributed sites and cloud services. But connecting, securing and utilizing this array of computing power is a complex job—requiring a new type of data center network optimized for the cloud era.
Juniper's MetaFabric architecture delivers the agile and efficient network foundation required for today's complex data centers and clouds, providing:
- Simplification that reduces the complexity of network deployment, operations and management.
- Open architecture to maximize flexibility by integrating with any data center or cloud environment and avoiding vendor lock-in.
- Network intelligence that saves time and improves application performance through analytics and actionable insights.
The elements of this approach include:
- Switching technologies that combine Juniper hardware products with a variety of fabric architectures optimized for virtualized data centers, as well as all applications.
- Router hardware and routing architectures that interconnect multiple data center locations and clouds across virtual, physical and SDN workloads to move data efficiently between data centers and between virtual and physical networks.
- SDN solutions that automate and orchestrate the creation of virtual networks.
- Security solutions that protect business-critical traffic as it moves across wide areas, between enterprise and cloud facilities, and between and within virtualized servers and storage devices.
- Automation and orchestration management tools that allow administrators to visualize, analyze, troubleshoot and control the entire enterprise network through a single pane of glass.
- Analytics engine built into Juniper hardware, management software, automation and SDN solutions provides detailed visibility into physical and virtual networks.