The days of legacy data centers are over. The new data center landscape is largely virtualized and spread across multiple, geographically distributed sites and public, private, and hybrid cloud environments. But building, connecting, and securing this array of computing power is a complex job—and one that requires a new type of data center network, starting with an architecture optimized for the cloud era and an infrastructure that gives you agility, automation, and simplicity.
Juniper’s MetaFabric™ architecture delivers a simple, smart, and open blueprint for building high-performance data centers and cloud networks that are also highly reliable. It enables you to deploy new applications, services, and technologies quickly and easily, with secure, always-on access to data. The MetaFabric architecture delivers an agile and highly efficient network foundation for complex physical and virtual data centers and clouds. With the MetaFabric architecture, your data center network becomes:
- Simple, to combat the complexity of network deployment, operations, and management.
- Open, to maximize your flexibility by allowing integration with any other data center or cloud environment and preventing vendor lock-in.
- Smart, to optimize staff time and improve application performance, using analytics and actionable insights.
The cornerstone of the MetaFabric architecture is the ability to support the entire data center infrastructure—physical or virtual—as efficiently and flexibly as possible. Building an infrastructure with the necessary performance, scalability, reliability, and security to support business-critical operations demands innovative, proven products from a world-class leader in network innovation. Juniper delivers the network solutions you need to transform your cloud or data center into a competitive advantage:
- Switching technologies combine our hardware products with a variety of fabric-based architectures that are optimized for virtualized data centers, supporting anywhere from dozens to thousands of users, and all applications.
- Routers interconnect multiple data center locations and clouds across virtual, physical, and software-defined network (SDN) workloads, efficiently moving traffic between data centers and across virtual and physical networks.
- SDN solutions automate and orchestrate the creation of virtual networks.
- Security solutions protect business-critical traffic as it moves across the wide area, between enterprise and cloud facilities, and between and within virtualized servers and storage devices.
- Automation and orchestration management tools allow administrators to visualize, analyze, troubleshoot, and control the entire enterprise network—all through a single pane of glass.
- Analytics engines built into Juniper hardware, combined with management software, automation, and SDN solutions, provide granular visibility into physical and virtual networks.