High availability EX8200 Ethernet Switch for campus core and data center environments
The EX8200 modular switches offer flexible platforms that deliver the port densities, scalability, and high availability required for today’s demanding campus core and data center environments.
- Field-proven Juniper technology: A carrier-class architecture, coupled with the Junos OS, enables EX Series Switches to provide carrier-class reliability for every application.
- Security risk management integrates Unified Access Control to help EX Series Switches dynamically deliver network protection, guest access, and identity-based QoS.
- Wire-speed performance at high 1GbE, 10GbE, 40GbE, and 100GbE port densities dramatically simplifies network topologies and operations.
- Eight QoS queues per switch port ensure proper prioritization of voice, video, and multiple levels of data traffic, with room to converge other networks, such as building automation and video security systems.
- Innovative, cost-effective switch design enables new architectures that reduce cost and complexity, while unified management and automation tools consolidate system monitoring.
- Virtual Chassis technology allows multiple interconnected EX Series switches to operate as a single, logical device, reducing operational expenses and simplifying management.
|Form Factor||EX8208: Eight-slot modular chassis
EX8216: 16-slot modular chassis
Virtual Chassis configuration consisting of up to four switches
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||EX8208:
17.25 x 24.25 x 21 in (43.82 x 61.6 x 53 cm)
14 rack units
17.3 x 36.5 x 26.5 in (43.9 x 92.7 x 67.4 cm)
21 rack units
|Backplane Speed||320 Gbps (full duplex) per line card with current switch fabric
6.2 Tbps (EX8208) or 12.4 Tbps (EX8216) per chassis
|Data Rate||EX8200-48T / EX8200-48T-ES: 48 Gbps
EX8200-48F / EX8200-48F-ES: 48 Gbps
EX8200-8XS / EX8200-8XS-ES: 80 Gbps
EX8200-40XS / EX8200-40XS-ES: 80 Gbps
EX8200-48PL / EX8200-48TL: 20 Gbps
EX8200-2XS-40P / EX8200-2XS-40T: 40 Gbps
|Throughput||120 Mpps per line card (wire speed)
960 Mpps (EX8208) or 1.92 Bpps (EX8216) per system
|40GBASE QSFP + Port Densities||N/A|
|100GBASE CFP Port Densities||N/A|