Compact, high-performance platform for high-density deployments
The scalable EX4550 Ethernet switch is a compact, high-performance platform for high-density 10 Gbps campus, data center and service provider deployments.
- Field-proven Juniper technology: A carrier-class architecture, coupled with the Junos OS, enables EX Series Switches to provide carrier-class reliability for every application.
- Security risk management integrates Unified Access Control to help EX Series Switches dynamically deliver network protection, guest access, and identity-based QoS.
- Wire-speed performance at high 1GbE, 10GbE and 40GbE port densities dramatically simplifies network topologies and operations.
- Eight QoS queues per switch port ensure proper prioritization of voice, video, and multiple levels of data traffic, with room to converge other networks, such as building automation and video security systems.
- Innovative, cost-effective switch design enables new architectures that reduce cost and complexity, while unified management and automation tools consolidate system monitoring.
- Virtual Chassis technology allows multiple interconnected EX4550 switches to operate as a single, logical device, reducing operational expenses and simplifying management.
- EX4550 switches can be deployed in the same Virtual Chassis configuration with EX4200 switches to support mixed 1GbE and 10GbE server environments.
|Form Factor||Fixed platform
Virtual Chassis configuration consisting of up to 10 switches
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||17.4 x 1.7 x 18.5 in (44.07 x 4.4 x 47.0 cm)
1 rack unit
|Backplane Speed||Up to 256 Gbps (Virtual Chassis)|
|Data Rate||960 Gbps (full duplex)|
|40GBASE QSFP + Port Densities||N/A|
|100GBASE CFP Port Densities||N/A|