Compact, high-performance platforms for high-density deployments
The scalable EX4500 Ethernet Switch is a compact, high-performance platform for high-density 10 Gbps data center, campus, and service provider deployments.
- Field-proven Juniper technology: A carrier-class architecture, coupled with the Junos OS, enables EX Series Switches to provide carrier-class reliability for every application.
- Security risk management integrates Unified Access Control to help EX Series Switches dynamically deliver network protection, guest access, and identity-based QoS.
- Wire-speed performance at high 1 GbE, 10 GbE, 40 GbE, and 100 GbE port densities dramatically simplifies network topologies and operations.
- Eight QoS queues per switch port ensure proper prioritization of voice, video, and multiple levels of data traffic, with room to converge other networks, such as building automation and video security systems.
- Innovative, cost-effective switch design enables new architectures that reduce cost and complexity, while unified management and automation tools consolidate system monitoring.
- Virtual Chassis and Virtual Chassis Fabric technologies on select models allow interconnected EX Series and QFX Series Switches to operate as a single, logical device, reducing operational expenses and simplifying management.
|Form Factor||Fixed platform
Virtual Chassis configuration consisting of up to 10 switches
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||EX4500: 17.3 x 3.5 x 21.1 in (43.8 x 8.9 x 53.6 cm)
2 rack units
EX4550: 17.4 x 1.7 x 18.5 in (44.07 x 4.4 x 47.0 cm)
1 rack unit
|Backplane Speed||EX4500: Up to 128 Gbps (Virtual Chassis)
EX4550: Up to 256 Gbps (Virtual Chassis)
|Data Rate||960 Gbps (full duplex)|
|40GBASE QSFP + Port Densities||N/A|
|100GBASE CFP Port Densities||N/A|