Packet Transport Routers
PTX Series Converged Supercore® platforms are built for superior performance, transport integration, and elegant deployment, supporting high-density 100GbE environments while delivering industry-leading energy efficiency of up to 0.50 watts per Gbps.
The PTX1000 Packet Transport Router enables distributed applications within the Converged Supercore.
The PTX3000 Packet Transport Router provides the Converged Supercore foundation for space- and power-constrained environments.
The PTX5000 Packet Transport Router forms the foundation of the Converged Supercore architecture, supporting high-density 10GbE, 40GbE, and 100GbE interfaces for large networks and applications.
Resources for the PTX Series
- Case Studies
- Datasheets - Modules
- Solution Briefs
- Juniper ADVA Packet Optical Convergence
- PTX5000 100G Packet Optical Solution
- MPLS Packetized Transport for Next-Generation Networks
- MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)
- Converged Packet Transport
- The Converged Supercore
- Evolving Backbone Networks with an MPLS Supercore
- MPLS, OTN, and the Rising Tide of Traffic