Packet Transport Routers
PTX Series Converged Supercore® platforms are built for superior performance, transport integration, and elegant deployment, supporting high-density 100GbE environments while delivering industry-leading energy efficiency of up to 0.57 watts per Gbps.
The PTX3000 Packet Transport Router provides the Converged Supercore foundation for space- and power-constrained environments.
The PTX5000 Packet Transport Router forms the foundation of the Converged Supercore architecture, supporting high-density 10GbE, 40GbE, and 100GbE interfaces for large networks and applications.
Resources for the PTX Series
- Case Studies
- Datasheets - Modules
- Solution Briefs
- Juniper ADVA Packet Optical Convergence
- PTX5000 100G Packet Optical Solution
- MPLS Packetized Transport for Next-Generation Networks
- MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)
- Converged Packet Transport
- The Converged Supercore
- Evolving Backbone Networks with an MPLS Supercore
- MPLS, OTN, and the Rising Tide of Traffic