Virtual carrier-grade routing for enterprise and service provider networks.
The vMX virtual router is a true MX Series router optimized to run as software on x86 servers. It equips service providers and enterprises to quickly and economically address their requirements with carrier-class routing and a DevOps-style service focus to the network.
- Delivers carrier-grade routing optimized for the x86 environment.
- Provides rapid service enablement through virtualization.
- Incorporates current and future Junos OS and Junos Trio R&D efforts.
- Offers a pay-as-you-grow licensing model for granular network scale-out.
- Consistency with physical MX Series portfolio simplifies operations.
- Enables new service introductions without requiring reconfigurations of the current routing infrastructure.
- Runs on Amazon Web Service (AWS) Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), providing secure routing between AWS VPCs, private clouds, and on-premises resources.