Network operating system for routing, switching, and security
Simplicity and innovation—they’re what make Junos operating system so unique. Junos OS is the common language running across our routing, switching, and security devices.
- One operating system reduces time and effort to plan, deploy, and operate network infrastructure.
- One release train provides stable delivery of new functionality in a steady, time-tested cadence.
- Modular software architecture provides highly available and scalable software that keeps up with changing needs.
- Meaningful configuration hierarchies together with annotations, commit check, commit and rollback features that exemplify ease of use and operational agility.
- Simple routing policy management for fine grained network traffic controls.
- Architected with separate control and forwarding planes increasing reliability and security.
- Flexible programmability with open APIs and protocols connecting with the Junos SDK, the Junos Space Management platform other third party automation / orchestration tools provide a customizable network infrastructure for service creation from the ground up.