Network operating system for routing, switching, and security
Simplicity and innovation—they’re what make Junos® operating system so unique. Junos OS is the common language running across our routing, switching, and security devices.
- One operating system reduces time and effort to plan, deploy, and operate network infrastructure.
- One release train provides stable delivery of new functionality in a steady, time-tested cadence.
- Modular software architecture provides highly available and scalable software that keeps up with changing needs.
- Meaningful configuration hierarchies together with annotations, commit check, commit and rollback features that exemplify ease of use and operational agility.
- Simple routing policy management for fine grained network traffic controls.
- Architected with separate control and forwarding planes increasing reliability and security.
- Flexible programmability with open APIs and protocols connecting with the Junos SDK, the Junos Space Management platform other third party automation / orchestration tools provide a customizable network infrastructure for service creation from the ground up.