Junos Content Encore
Optimized networks for efficient delivery of rich media
Optimize your network for efficient delivery of video and rich media content and enable new revenue-generating services with the Junos Content Encore portfolio of caching and delivery systems.
- High performance and scale delivers up to 10 times more than traditional caches, reducing OpEx.
- Extensible virtualization platform grows and adapts to future requirements for investment protection.
- Multi-tenant resource allocation facilitates new revenue services and maximizes resource utilization.
- Open APIs simplify integration with operations support systems, reducing integration costs.
- Converged multiprotocol, multi-format delivery reduces costs by eliminating protocol-specific servers and infrastructure.
- Cross-platform support makes it customizable for a broad range of deployment scenarios.
- Cache clustering allows multiple Junos Content Encore systems to be combined to act as a single logical system.
- Deep media intelligence distinguishes between content types to optimize delivery.
- Hierarchical cache storage maximizes performance of available disks.
- Adaptive bit-rate streaming allows rapid introduction of alternative TV services.
|Hardware requirements||VXA Series Content Engines
x86 requirements: 4 GB RAM (R-Proxy), 72 GB RAM (T-Proxy), LSI 2008-based disk Encore, Intel 82599-based 10GbE (optional, only if 10GbE required), 8x1 TB SAS Drives (T-Proxy) 4x1 TB SAS Drives (R-Proxy)
|Media delivery protocols||HTTP, RTSP, Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP), RTMP, RTMP Tunneled (RTMPT), and Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE), Windows Media|
|Origin server interfaces||HTTP and Network File System (NFS)|
|Pre-positioning interfaces||HTTP and FTP|
|Live media ingest||HTTP and RTSP|
|Storage types||SSD, SAS, SATA, and NFS|
|Cached media||Rich content such as Web pages, thumbnails, ring tones, videos, and software install packages|