Junos Application Aware
Classifies traffic for application-specific service delivery
Junos Application Aware identifies and classifies network traffic on a per-application basis. The network can then dynamically prioritize, treat, and steer traffic according to your policy rules.
- Dynamically redirects new flows to an application identification engine and checks for policy matches.
- Supports service routing, which enhances provider edge, broadband network gateway, and other MX Series 3D applications.
- Delivers Layer 4–7 telemetry data to charging systems and analytics engines.
- Forwards, rate limits, marks, and drops packets according to operator-defined, application-specific policy.
- Monitors and reports application-specific traffic and usage patterns.
- Offered as a fully integrated option on select MX Series 3D Universal Edge routing platforms.