The Advanced Insight Manager (AIM) Application
The Advanced Insight Manager (AIM) application provides a gateway between JUNOS device archive locations and JSS to reactively manage incidents and proactively manage intelligence information. AIM provides the following features:
- Installs on a Sun Solaris or Red Hat Enterprise Linux server. Connect to it from a Web browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or Mozilla Firefox.
- Operates in fully functional, demo mode for 60 days with a 5-device management capacity. The user should obtain a license file from Juniper Networks, and load the license file into AIM for activation of the licensed features, such as:
- Base Product--Required to use AIM beyond a 60-day demo period. Allows operation of Incident Manager and Intelligence Manager and the creation of one Organization.
- Capacity--Required for controlling the number of devices from each class that AIM will accept incident and intelligence messages from in the archive locations being monitored.
- Feature Licenses--Feature licenses turn on and off different features available in the product. AIM Multi-Site functionality is an example of a feature which requires a license.
NOTE: Having a license for AIM does not automatically mean that the customer has a license to subscribe to the AIS Base or AIS Proactive services needed for full functionality of the Advanced Insight Solutions (AIS).
- The Multi-Site Feature allows the user to create and manage more than one Organization within the AIM application. Each organization represents a different Customer Site.
- User privileges control access to AIM features. Access depends on which user group the user belongs and to which device groups the user group is associated. Each user will only be able to view and perform actions on objects associated to the user groups to which they are assigned.
- Send AIM specific SNMP traps to network management systems
- My AIM Home displays incidents, intelligence messages, and reaction policies owned by or flagged to a user that is logged in.
- Incident Manager displays incidents collected from JUNOS devices that place their JMBs in AIM-monitored archives locations. Incidents can be filtered by Organization (if the Multi-Site feature has been purchased).
- Reaction policies can be created to alert users when incidents occur or when a case is updated. Incidents are reported to JSS and a Case Management ID is assigned.
- Intelligence Manager displays intelligence updates from JSS as well as Information JMBs found in monitored archive locations. Intelligence Information can be filtered by Organization (if the Multi-Site feature has been purchased).