By default, all the time slots on a channelized T3 interface are used. To configure an NxDS0 IQ interface on a Channelized DS3 IQ or IQE PIC, you must perform the following tasks:
- [edit interfaces ct3-fpc/pic/port]
- partition partition-number interface-type ct1;
This configuration creates interface ct1-fpc/pic/port:channel.
The partition number is the sublevel interface partition index and is correlated with the channel number. For channelized T1 interfaces, the partition number can be from 1 through 28.
The interface type is the channelized interface type or clear channel you are creating. For channelized T3 interfaces, type can be ct1 or t1.
Note: For channelized T3 interfaces, channel numbering begins with 0 (:0). For channelized T3 IQ interfaces, channel numbering begins with 1 (:1).
- [edit interfaces ct1-fpc/pic/port:channel]
- partition partition-number timeslots time-slot-range interface-type ds;
For channelized T1 IQ interfaces, the partition number range is from 1 through 28; the time-slot range is from 1 through 24. You can designate any combination of time slots. To configure ranges, use hyphens. To configure discontinuous time slots, use commas. Do not include spaces. For more information about T1 time slots, see Configuring Fractional T1 Time Slots.
Configure the following two NxDS0 interfaces with 10 time slots and 4 time slots, respectively:
- [edit interfaces ct3-0/0/0]
- partition 1 interface-type ct1;
- [edit interfaces ct1-0/0/0:1]
- partition 1 timeslots 1-10 interface-type ds;
- partition 2 timeslots 12-16 interface-type ds;
For a full configuration example, see the JUNOS Feature Guide.