Report an Error]
Installing the J-Web Software
If your routing platform is not shipped with the J-Web software on it,
you must download the J-Web software package from the Juniper Networks Web
page and install it on your routing platform. After the installation, you
must enable Web management of the routing platform with the CLI.
M-series or T-series routing platforms must be running JUNOS software
version 7.3 or later to support the J-Web interface.
To install and enable the J-Web software:
- Using a Web browser, navigate to the Juniper Networks
Customer Support Center at https://www.juniper.net/customers/csc/software/.
- Log in to the Juniper Networks authentication system with
the username (generally your e-mail address) and password supplied by Juniper
- Download the J-Web software to your local host. Select
the version that is the same as the JUNOS software version running on the
- Copy the software package to the routing platform. We recommend
that you copy it to the /var/tmp directory.
- If you have previously installed the J-Web software on
the routing platform, you must delete it before installing the new version.
To do so, from operational mode in the CLI, enter the following command:
- user@host> request system software delete jweb
- Install the new package on the routing platform.
From operational mode in the CLI, enter the following command:
- user@host> request system software add path/filename
Replace path with the full pathname
to the J-Web software package. Replace filename with
the filename of the J-Web software package.
- Enable Web management of the routing platform. From configuration
mode in the CLI, enter the following command:
- user@host# system services web-management http
Report an Error]