How to Use the JUNOS Documentation
The JUNOS software documentation is divided into a number of books.
See the list of individual book titles and descriptions
If you know which book a topic is discussed in, you can use the following to find the information you are looking for:
To find information about a statement or command, use the book's Index of Statements and Commands.
Use a search engine if you know the specific name of the term, statement, or command.
- To use a search engine to locate a topic:
- In a PDF file, use the Find command.
- On www.juniper.net, use the Search facility. To search only the product documentation, click This Section. In Scope for search, select Technical Documentation.
- Each book has one or two indexes:
- Complete index (in all books)Contains all index entries.
- Index of statements and commands (in most books)Lists only configuration statements and operational-mode and configuration-mode commands. For statements, the entries refer to quick reference-style descriptions of the statements. These reference pages include links to the complete configuration and usage information.
- To locate the book indexes, see:
- PDF version of the entire bookThe indexes are listed in the left sidebar.
- HTML (frames version)Click Show Index to see the complete index. Click Index of Statements and Commands to see that index.
- HTML (no frames version)Click Index or Index of Statements and Commands to see the desired index.
- Each book has one or two tables of contents:
- Abbreviated table of contents (in most books)Lists part and chapter titles only. This format is useful for getting a quick overview of a book's organization and content and for locating a high-level topic.
- Complete table of contents (in all books)Contains complete book contents. This format is useful for locating specific information in a book.
- To locate the tables of contents, see:
- PDF version of the entire bookThe tables of contents are listed in the left sidebar.
- HTML (frames version)Click Expand TOC to see complete contents and Collapse TOC to see abbreviated contents.
- HTML (no frames version)Click Long Contents to see complete contents and Short Contents to see abbreviated contents.